Swim Lane diagrams are used to document and visualise processes in and between organisations. Mapping out the steps that groups / departments undertake can help to identify problems and areas of inefficiency.
Swim Lane Diagrams are also called Rummler-Brache Diagrams and Cross-Functional Flowcharts
This simple Swim Lane diagram template can help you visualise processes in your organisaiton.
Download the Swim Lane template
This Swim Lane template is useful when:
- You need a simple diagram to visualise a process that contains less than seven actors/groups
- You do not have access to visualisation software such as Microsoft Visio
- You do have access to Microsoft PowerPoint
This Swim Lane template is NOT useful when:
- The process that you want to visualise is particularly complex or involves a large number of actors/groups (you’re better off to break down the overall process into smaller sub-processes).
- Your organisation already has a template for documenting and visualising processes.
- You do not have access to Microsoft PowerPoint
The Supervision Checklist Template by tools4dev is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. All other content is © tools4dev.
Photo by Sebastiaan ter Burg
Did you find this article useful? Support our work and download all templates.