Every employee and volunteer in your program should have a basic job description that lists their responsibilities, who the report to and who they supervise. Job descriptions are important for making sure that everyone knows exactly what they are responsible for. Common roles in international development programs include the Program Manager, Technical Adviser, Field Officers, and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
This job description template is suitable for most positions, organisations and programs, and can be adapted to suit your specific situation. It can be signed by the employee to show that they have read and understood their responsibilities.
Download job description template
This job description template is appropriate when:
- You need to describe the responsibilities of specific employees or volunteers.
- You need to provide a job description to candidates when advertising an open position.
- You need to provide job descriptions for specific roles to donors or other stakeholders.
This job description template is NOT appropriate when:
- Your organisation already has a set job description template that should be used.
- The donor or recruitment company already has a set job description that should be used.
The Job Description Template by tools4dev is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. All other content is © tools4dev.
Photo by maureen lunn